We live in a digital world which may not confine the flying cars yet but is utterly dependent on the internet. It is a vital part of our lives. We talk to our friends and family via the internet, meet new people, and expand our business. We also trust it enough to store our vital information online. Despite this, it is weak enough to fall victim to cyber-attacks and thefts. We can predict that cyber-related crimes will be the greatest shortly. Cyber security services come to our aid to reduce cyber crimes and protect the users.
Crime of Cyber
A security hacker is someone who explores methods for breaching defenses and exploiting weaknesses in a computer system or network. The purpose of cyber security services is help prevent cyber attacks, breaches of data and identity theft that can risk the management of an organization. Ransomware, malware, social engineering and phishing are the types of cyber threats that may endanger the information and other assets in your computer. Besides protecting us from cyber threats, it has many other benefits like increase in productivity, gaining customer confidence, protection of customers and the reduction of chances of the website going. Many companies have the best cyber security services to aid this purpose not only this we can protect ourselves in many ways too.
Cyber Security also known as information technology security. In a computing context, security consists of both cyber security and physical security. These securities help an individual or an organization to protect against unauthorized data access and other computerized systems. The purpose of cyber security services is help prevent cyber-attacks, breaches of data, and identity theft that can risk the management of an organization. Ransomware, malware, social engineering, and phishing are the types of cyber threats that may endanger the information and other assets in your computer. To deal with these, we need cyber security services.
According to the research of FireEye, people spent more than 75 billion on cyber security due to the increase in cyber-attacks. We only define cyber security as a measure to protect the system from threats. Despite this, it has other benefits too. Cyber security includes benefits like increase in productivity, gaining customer confidence, protection of customers, and the reduction of chances of the website going down.
Why Cyber Crime Harmful for us.
The procedure of keeping up with the latest technologies, security trends and threat intelligence is very tough. Despite this, we need to protect information and other computerized assets from cyber threats that may take form. Some of the kinds of cyber threats are as follows:
- Ransomware is a form of malware where the hacker locks the victim’s computer system files by encryption and asks for money to unlock it by decryption.
- Malware is any file or program that when sent to harm any computer user. The harms may include worms, computer viruses, etc.
- Social engineering is an attack which requires human interaction. In this case, the user has tricked to breakdown the security procedure to gain sensitive information which is usually protected.
- Phishing is a form of fraud where fraudulent emails are sent to any user replicating a reputed source. However, the sole purpose of these emails is to get the secretive data.
There are various other threats related to cyber security, and these are as follows:
- Espionage is the oldest game in the book of cyber crimes where a group of advisory tends to spy on the other. Here, a hacker who is not a part of the group of the advisory is financially or politically motivated to spy on another advisory with the sole intention of harming them.
- Disinformation is the procedure of spreading fake news campaigns throughout the internet either by creating several Twitter accounts to promote it. A blog can also be created with the sole purpose of spreading false information.
- Spear phishing is a more sophisticated form of phishing where the attacker tends to impersonate a person close to them or trusts.
- Trojans is a type of malware which is named after Trojan horse of Greek history. Here, a target system enters a host system looking like something else and lets out the malicious code once inside.
Why Cyber Security is most Impotent.
In the digital era, we have become more dependent on computers for keeping our private information. On the other hand, it is widely known to us that this is very vulnerable to threats than ever before. Every day we hear news stories about ID theft or data breaches for which millions of people suffer. Various organizations are working for increasing the security measures to protect cyber-attacks. Here, cyber security services come to our aid.
Purpose of Cyber Security.
Cyber security services protect the data and integrity of computing assets which are connected to or belongs to any organization’s network. Its sole purpose is to defend the assets from all cyber threats that may occur during its life span.
Cyber security affects everyone.
Cyber security does not involve only the business organizations and the government of any country. It also includes your tablets, computers as well as mobiles that you store your necessary data inside. Hacker love to hack your device and get your personal information as well as people interacted to you. They can easily extort money from you or your loved ones in this way. Cyber security will help us to shield not only ourselves but also the people connected to us.
Benefits of Cyber Security.
Cyber security is a defensive solution that protects any internet-connected threats from cyber threats and attacks. There are benefits of using cyber security. These are as follows:
- Cyber security services protect us from malware, ransomware, phishing, and social engineering and hacking.
- It is a powerful shield that protects your data and networks.
- The cyber security services prevent unauthorized users from using your email accounts or any of your network.
- It will help to improve recovery time after a breach.
- Cyber security helps to protect end-users.
- It creates a whole new level of confidence in your product among developers and customers.
How to we Protect us from Cyber Crime
Cyber crimes are increasing day by day. Every day a lot of people are harmed, financially and mentally. Organizations are affected most. They not only suffer monetarily, but also their customers tend to lose confidence in them. Thus, it becomes tough for them to revive from it. Without a second doubt, cyber security services are the Avengers in this context who are keeping us safe from the dangers of cyber threats.
There are also some precautions that we may take to take care of our security. Some of the precautions in this case that may help us protect our sensitive information are as follows:
- We must use a full-service security suite.
- We must use a strong password. Do not repeat the same password for different sites. We should try to make it more complicated, like using the latest numerals, letters, signs, etc.
- Try to keep your software as updated as possible.
- Manage your social media settings to keep yourself protected from threats.
- It is an excellent idea to strengthen your home network by using a strongly encrypted password.
- Provide your children with as much knowledge of the internet as possible.
- Try to keep up to date on social security breaches.
- We have to must take essential measures to protect ourselves from identity thefts.
- We have to must keep in mind that identity theft can happen anytime, anywhere.
- Keep an eye on your kids as identity thieves tend to target kids much more than adults.
- Know what to do when you become a victim of cyber security like contacting the companies or banks where theft has occurred, placing fraud alerts and reporting the theft identity to the FTC.
Best 5 Cyber Security Service Company
The cyber crimes are the most significant threats of our present world. Thanos may have wiped out half of the population of the whole universe in Avengers movie, but cyber-attacks are no less. It is wiping us out financially. According to research, it will wipe out $6 trillion in 2021, which is increasing by $3 trillion from 2015. The news these days are filled with stories about ID theft and data breach. Some companies are putting their best foot to deal with cyber-attacks.trillion from 2015. Some companies are putting their best foot to deal with cyber-attacks.
The reason for these companies to be the best is because they always interface with cyber security and the problems they have solved. Their customer base, the funding they received, and their customer growth are also up to the mark. Here is a list of the five best cyber security services company around the world.
Microsoft has built up quite an extensive security portfolio. It was first founded in 1975. Presently, it has a total annual revenue of $110.360 billion. The company includes Active Directory for identity and access management, Windows Defender, Azure cloud security services such as Security center, Key Vault, Azure DDOS Protection. Azure Information Protection and Application Gateway for protecting web applications. It takes the top spot on the list because of its strong showing in all areas and its general analyst rating.
- Strong commitment to cyber security.
- Holistic security approach.
- Trust aligned corporate mission.
- Leadership in cyber security and has best practice sharing.
- Deep customer interaction.
Fortinet was founded in 2000. Then it has been steadily building its reputation and fame as one of the top-notch security companies in the world. It has annual revenue of $2.15 billion. The income of the company is increasing daily. The company has high customer satisfaction ratings and does quite well in analyst ratings.
- protects the entire attack surface with advanced security.
- reduces the complexity with orchestration, automation, and response.
- the confidence to deploy any application on any cloud infrastructure.
- secures every user and device whether On or Off the network.
- extends security to the switching and wireless network.
IBM was founded in 1911, with an annual revenue of $77.88 billion. It offers plenty of cyber security solutions which include Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), orchestration and incident response, cloud security, and lots more. IBM has a vast portfolio that some of its offerings get lost within its catalog, which is a problem. In addition to this, it is slow in adding updates and customer ratings are not so good. Despite this, the analysts have rated it as one of the best.
- First, a commercially available cyber range that put it on wheels so it can be where customers are.
- Connected security that is open cloud-based security platforms.
- Has great threat to intelligence.
- Dedicated security service team for customer convenience.
Founded in 2010, KnowBe4 is on rocket status. It is a startup that has got a Unicorn status on the back of security training. The company raised from Niche Player a couple of times and caught the number one spot in security training. It is the fastest-growing company in cyber security and has enormous customer satisfaction.
- manages the urgent IT security problems of social engineering, spear-phishing, and ransomware attacks more efficiently.
- Great outlook plugin.
- self service enrollment that allows the ability to create and customize phishing campaigns.
- ability to see pre and post-training phishing security tests to identify the percentage of end-users that phish-prone.
The Symantec has taken over the top echelon of security for a quarter of a century, and it is quite persistent. It offers endpoint protection, data loss prevention, web gateways, cloud access, threat intelligence, and many more. The company is a leader in endpoint protection and managed security services. It has decent product satisfaction from the customer point of view.
- Deep sight Intelligence
- Incident response
- Cyber skills development
- Advanced threat protection
- Endpoint protection
- Data loss protection
World’s Largest Cyber Attacks
This accounts for any ‘as-a-service’ product and means that the (shared) responsibility shift from looking at your own vulnerabilities towards ensuring your suppliers are doing the same levels of due diligence is just as important. As many organization are moving to the cloud, with employees using this for personal and business use. There is potential for more staff to fall victim to increasingly advanced phishing emails (or text messages) such as CxO fraud and DevOps teams continue to make the same mistakes during both development and deployment.
In 2014, Yahoo! announced it had suffered a cyber attack in 2014 that affected 500 million user accounts constituting the largest massive hacking of individual data directed against a single company. Names, date of birth, telephone numbers and passwords were stolen. While the company assured users that banking data had not been affected, it nonetheless recommended caution. Prior to this event, in 2012, the hacker “Peace” had sold 200 million usernames and passwords for $1900.
In March, Yahoo! confessed to being hacked once again. This time, only 32 million accounts were affected. But the cyber attack relaunched the investigation of the 2014 hack, as the attackers used a tool stolen that year, allowing them to create malicious cookies and log in without passwords. A direct result of this is that the firm was bought by Verizon in 2017 for $ 4.5 million instead of the $ 4.8 million announced in 2016. Update (Dec 2018): Yahoo has now admitted that all of the 3 billion user accounts had been hacked in 2013. This cyber-attack is the most significant in Internet history.
2) Theft of more than one billion passwords
In August 2014, the IT security company Hold Security revealed that Russian hackers had stolen 1.2 billion logins and passwords on 420,000 websites around the world. And this could potentially have allowed the group of hackers “CyberVor” to access 500 million email accounts. Hackers used programmed botnets to visit sites and perform vulnerability tests in order to exploit SQL injection vulnerabilities and access databases. While the attack is significant on account of its scale, it has ultimately had no major consequences.
The information from up to 500 million guests at the Marriott-owned Star wood hotel group has been compromised, including banking data. The rift had been open since 2014 and was first spotted September 2018. Even if, as Marriott says, the number of customers that suffered a breach of personal information is anywhere near 327 million, the implications are massive. Information accessed includes payment information, names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, passport numbers, and even details about the Star wood Preferred Guest (SPG) account, a high-end card recently launched by the American Express credit card issuer for regular travelers.
In 2015, the dating site was attacked for the first time by hacker. The information (pseudonyms, dates of birth, postal codes, IP addresses, and sexual preferences) of 4 million accounts was made public on a forum which only accessible by only Tor.
But in this year Adult Friend Finder faced a new attack, much more violent than the first one. This time it was not only 4 million accounts pirated but also more than 400 million data was pirated. The stolen information was less sensitive but total 20 years of personal data was stolen. Attackers used a LFI (Local File Inclusion) breach, a technique that consists of introducing a local or remote file into an online resource.
Equifax, an American credit company, revealed (first six weeks after the fact), that it had suffered a cyber attack over the course of a number of months. Detected in July of 2017, it contained the personal data (names, birth-dates, social insurance numbers, drivers license numbers) of 143 million American, Canadian and British customers as well as 200,000 credit card numbers.
Cyber security services are an essential part of our life at present. In this world of computers and the internet, one is solely dependent on them. It is hard to imagine our lives without the aid of the internet. Communicate with our parents, friends, etc. through the internet. We also meet new people and extend our network. We trust it enough to save our necessary information in it yet knowing that it is very vulnerable to store it. Here is when we fall victim to cyber security threats. For this, we have cyber security services. The securities help us to protect ourselves from cyber crimes and identity thefts. In the case of an organization, it is very profitable as it tends to gain customer satisfaction and confidence. Thus, increase the profit of that organization. Ultimately, we can state that cyber security is an essential part of our cyber world.